Monday, November 10, 2014

Best Teacher Blogs & Action Research Status

http://www.edudemic.com/best-teacher-blogs
Assignment:  Explore the blogs from teachers in the field based on your interests and 
Blog Post:  Share one blog that you particularly enjoy and what you learned from reading it.  Also, reflect on the status of action research project, challenges, etc.

This article, 25 Brilliant Teacher Blogs Worth Following,  mentioned there are hundreds of blogs that teachers can check out, it even encouraged its readers to start blogs.  The list of blogs they provided gave a little inspiration to start one or at least maintain one.

As I clicked on the different blog, looking for one that was related to social studies, I noticed a few things from each of these blogs, and consider these as characteristics of why they are "brilliant":

  • visuals enhance text
  • posts are like journals reviewing resources and other sites
  • hyperlinks provide quick access to references used or discussed
  • organized by date of entry
I didn't feel like they were as brilliant as the ones my classmates have made however.  This is probably because I could not relate to the authors and my classmates provide good if not better, resources.  

The only blog that I remotely liked was@TeacherToolkit for it was easy to read, short, and its contents were like lists ("7 facts","5 Wonders", etc.). This easy to read and access format reminded me of the kinds of Facebook posts that I would click on as it stirred my interests. Similar to BuzzFeed news and social content that I enjoy reading as they are short and easy to read.

Update on Action Research:

There is a bit of a snag in the implementation of gathering final data as my class set of Chromebooks are still being updated by our tech.  I will now have to squeeze my students into our library lab for some computer time or hope that assigning an ACHIEVE 3000 article as homework will be suffice.  

Link to Action Research Presentation

No comments:

Post a Comment